Sunday, March 17, 2013

M.O.M. = Master of multitasking

Hello readers,
                          Hope everyone is having a Happy St. Patrick's Day today! While spending the day with my kids, and trying to get a few things done around the house, I was inspired to write this post. The more I think about it, the more I find myself guilty of it. Multitasking!!!

            Any one else multitask? I guess I didn't realize how much I actually did, until I became a mother. I have two boys ages 6 years, and 11 months. I am constantly finding myself talking on the phone while cleaning, or folding laundry. Cooking dinner, and talking on the phone, or with a baby on my hip.
Rocking one child and reading a story to another, or helping with homework. There are days that I feel like a rubber band being stretched in every direction. Ever feel that way? I find myself feeling that way a lot with two kids. My youngest is afraid of the loud noise our vacuum makes so I always have to carry him on my hip while vacuuming the house, unless my husband is home, in which he will hold him. He has really bad separation anxiety (usually just with mommy) sometimes he will play quietly while I clean. He is normally okay as long as he can see or hear me. My oldest plays with him a lot when he is home which helps a great deal. I find myself holding him on my hip and unloading/ reloading the dishwasher. Putting him in his high chair to eat while I clean the kitchen. He can see me, and I am close enough that if he should choke I could get to him fast.  

           I like to exercise and talk on the phone, or listen to music while exercising. Sometimes I exercise while watching a show.  Fold laundry while watching a show, especially during commercials. Cleaning while I cook (which makes clean up so much easier) Sometimes I will help my oldest child study for a spelling test while making dinner. Grocery shopping while carrying a baby, a shopping list, and looking through sales ads and coupons to make sure I don't miss out on any deals. (For this very reason I LOVE my baby carrier, although most of the time my baby will sit in the cart)

       One of my favorites is preparing a big meal like on Thanksgiving and cooking multiple foods at once and taking care of two kids, without burning anything. I'm getting pretty good at that one, even though there are times I find myself begging for help from my husband. (He's pretty great and I normally don't even have to ask him) What are some ways you multitask?

No comments:

Post a Comment