Thursday, May 16, 2013

Caught in the rain

It has been one of those weeks where nothing seems to go right. It seems like we are constantly rushing out the door for something, and I don't know why but it seems like we are always getting caught in the rain. Literally!!  It will be bright and the sun shining, warm and a gentle breeze, and no rain in the forecast, or at least a very low chance of rain. It seems like that is when it has rained the most.

Life can be like that sometimes. Everything seems to be going great, and suddenly the rug gets pulled out from underneath of you and you fall. You try and try to get back up but your knees and your back are too sore from the fall, so you look around for someone to help you up. Everyone else is gone, busy, they have their own lives. That is when you need to fully rely on God. (F.R.O.G.) You've probably figured by now that I am not really talking about a slip and fall, I am using a metaphor.

My husband works very hard, and lately it seems that no matter how much his pay is, it just isn't enough. I have been a stay at home mom for so many years now, and I have been putting in application after application with no luck at all. We both dread pay day, it means we have to rob Peter to pay Paul and see how far we can stretch and what we can put off until the next week. This usually ends up being the most stressful day seeing as how bills have to be paid, it's shopping day, and my husband goes to work early all in the same day. We share one car so you can see how things would be rush, rush, rush, and very stressful. I have tried to push back the shopping day and this honestly is the best day for it due to sales, and the stores supplies.

So I have done a lot of crying out to God lately. Especially this past pay day. It was terrible! Nothing was going right, it was raining off and on. My stress levels were up, my husbands were up, and on top of everything else I had to deal with once again robing Peter to pay Paul, and grocery shopping with a fussy one year old. NOT FUN!!! I tried to call a different number of people and no one answered. I needed someone to talk to. Someone to cry out to. I tried to turn on the radio in the car to K LOVE radio. Where I live we have two stations that work and play K LOVE and neither one of them would come in on that day. I was furious, and so I began to yell at God while looking up at the sky. "Really God, is THIS how today is going to go? Don't you think I have enough on my plate already?" I felt like God was telling me "I am here, I have always been here, I will never leave. Talk to me, tell me how you are feeling. And if you have to yell, then yell at me, I will listen. I love you my child."
It was then that I realized that God wanted to hear from me. He already knew what was going on, he already knew that I would try to call everyone I thought would listen. He already knew I would try to turn on the radio to drown out my problems. He wanted me to tell him how I felt. Open up to him. So when I called and no one answered God was saying "I will always answer". When I tried to drown out my problems God was saying "Give your problems to me. TRUST ME!"

Friend if you are reading this and you feel like you're caught out in the rain. You feel like you have been trying and trying, but you're not getting anywhere. No matter how hard you try to climb you slip on the mud and fall deeper. There is a way, I am telling you all you have to do is cry out to God and tell him your needs. He will supply your needs.
I will close with this, the same day, when I didn't think there was any hope left, I decided to pay the bills that I could and scrap together what was left. I called to pay the last bill and the automated system quoted an amount that was a lot cheaper than my bill said I was supposed to pay. Before I let myself get excited I asked for a customer service representative. I told the representative what was going on, and told him that I wasn't complaining if my bill was lower than expected, I just wanted to make sure that the system didn't mess up and I was going to have to pay more later. He said "No ma'am, the automated system is correct." I began to cry tears of joy and he probably thought I was crazy but I don't care, God answered my prayer right there. He made a way! And he can make a way for you too! God bless!
Until next time,
                         Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment