Sunday, May 26, 2013

Remembering the sacrifice


I grew up with my father in the Army national guard. I was an Army brat without all of the moving from post to post. My father served 26 years in the Army before he retired as a Staff Sargent. I remember being little and watching him work out on the weekends he had off to stay in shape or get ready for a P.T. test. I remember trying to copy his movements while doing a push up, and I remember how at my young age it was really hard for me. That is when I decided that my dad was my hero. He was strong, brave, and he helped to protect our country.

Growing up I always pictured myself marrying someone in the Army. I never thought it would actually happen. Then I met my husband. I fell in love, head over heels in love, and besides he really looked good in uniform. My life hasn't been the same since. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me besides our two boys we have together.

I have always had the up most respect for our military. I am ever so thankful for them. Not just on days like Memorial day, and Veterans Day,  but every day! They are the reason we live in a FREE country! They are the reason we can tuck our children in at night and know that they are doing everything in their power to keep us all safe. Being an Army wife was a whole new world for me. Of course I was introduced to the Army by my father, but I didn't really get into what everything was all about until I married my husband. The Army was the biggest family I could ever have. Perfect strangers were willing to help me at the drop of a hat, if I needed it. I have seen many Army friends come and go. They get new orders and are soon gone to another duty station. They are NOT forgotten. I still remember each and everyone of you, and the impact you made on our lives. Thank you! I miss each of you dearly!

I have learned that freedom isn't free! Not only does a soldier sacrifice his/ her time away from their family, but their family is left behind to wonder, and worry for them constantly until they return home. Hopefully safe! Some are not so lucky!

So on this Memorial day weekend I want all of my readers to think about all that you have because of a soldier. You have freedom, peace, security and so much more! Please I urge you to thank a soldier. Thank a veteran. All too often we take for granted the things in life that mean so much, and we ignore the fact that some where, someone is sacrificing everything just for us!

In closing I just want to say THANK YOU to ALL of our Military men and women. THANK YOU to their families because your job is just as hard as theirs, when you are left behind to keep things running smoothly until their return. THANK YOU to any veteran who has served our country. To the men and women who have gave it all and sacrificed their lives for our country..... THANK YOU! May you rest in peace, and my prayers go out to each and every one of you! Happy Memorial Day! God bless! Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment