Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summer time fun

Well summer is almost here. The temperature outside already feels like it's here. There are all kinds of things to keep kids busy during the summer. In fact I have my oldest son on a pretty full schedule this summer. I am sure he will be visiting with his grandparents, and other family members as well as the activities we have planned for him. Starting Monday he will be going to Twilight camp with the Cub Scouts. This will last all week. The following week he will start swimming lessons for the second year. Last year he started in the beginner class.

We will also be doing summer reading programs with the local library, and book stores. We keep track of books that we have read in a reading log. Each log that is turned in gets his name in a drawing for a prize. He can also win smaller prizes each time he reads so many books. The first prize is set at 10 books.

We will be going to LEGO town, and taking a tour of local farms at the end of this month. I am excited about taking my kids to a farm because they haven't been to a farm before. I can't wait to see the excitement on their faces, and the joy of learning about animals, and how the farmers take care of them.

I am hoping to help my oldest son learn to ride his bike without training wheels this summer. He is just about ready. A lot of people already think he should be riding without them. What they don't understand is that we haven't always had the opportunity to help him, he has been having bike troubles. My husband was able to work on it today, and hopefully fix it for good this time so he can learn. He really wants to learn to roller blade, and skate board... I think we will stick to the bike and learn how to balance on it first. Then move on to the next in line once he has learned how to ride without training wheels.

I am hoping to get my youngest son to enjoy the pool. Last year he cried a little bit, but was fine after a few minutes. This year..... he was in for about 10 minutes and screamed the entire time. Didn't matter if I had him in the raft, or was holding him. He didn't want anything to do with the pool. Well that's all for now! Until next time God bless, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment