Thursday, September 4, 2014

Homemade baby food - Bananas

I just recently started making my own baby food. To be honest we still buy some, but are thinking about switching over to all homemade. My main reason is because I've read a lot about recalls on baby foods for finding foreign objects such as glass, etc.
I do not have anything against anyone who buys store bought baby food. Like I said I myself still buy some as I am new to the making your own baby food process. Below are the directions and pictures of how to make homemade banana baby food.

You will need at least 3 bananas
a food processor or blender
ice trays
Ziploc freezer bags or some type of freezer friendly container

Peel, and cut the bananas into small pieces. Place a few pieces at a time into a food processor and  puree until banana is desired consistency. Pour or spoon mixture into ice trays. Repeat process until ice trays are filled. Place trays in the freezer for 2-4 hours. Keep in mind that solid foods take longer than ice to freeze. 
Once frozen pop banana cubes out of ice trays and place in labeled Ziploc freezer bag. Keep in mind to label the date made as well. Freeze for up to 1 month. To thaw: Place desired amount in a covered bowl into the fridge. Once thawed use within 3 days.    (Remember bananas will change color)


No comments:

Post a Comment