Saturday, September 6, 2014

Homemade cloth diaper wipes

I recently started using cloth diapers. One problem I ran into was we used huggies wipes. Don't get me wrong, they are great when you're using disposable diapers. But what do you do with them if you're using cloth diapers? 
So I did some research and this is what I found..... You can make your own reusable cloth wipes at home. 

You will need something to store them in such as an empty wipe container
Baby wash cloths 
A spray bottle
A squirt of baby oil
A squirt of baby shampoo 
Water 
Mix all together and shake
This mixture should be changed once a weekKeep the water and cloth wipes separate until you are ready to use them. This is because if cloth sits in water too long it will mildew. 

      I have used these for about two or three weeks now and I wouldn't have it any other way. I still use huggies wipes when we use disposable diapers, but always use re-useable cloth wipes now when we use cloth diapers. It works great!
Have you tried re-useable cloth wipes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment