Saturday, May 30, 2015

Picking Strawberries

Something I have ALWAYS wanted to do is pick my own strawberries. Every year I missed strawberry season. This year I was ahead of the game. I decided to find out a month in advance and write the date down in my planner. I contacted the berry farm and got all of the info we needed, and I am so happy everything worked out. My family had a blast! We invited some friends to come along and bring their kids too! It was a great day!

My 8 year old was happy to be picking strawberries, and sneaking a few to eat. My 3 year old kept getting so excited. "Mom Mom"!!! He would yell. "I found one, I found one"! It was a great experience, and one that I will NEVER forget! My husband even snuck in a few.

We ended up picking 13 pounds of strawberries. I can't wait to make all of the strawberry preserves, strawberry pies, and anything else I can find a recipe for. I plan on canning a lot, freezing some, and of course eating some! Now I can finally cross this off of my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment