Tuesday, July 7, 2015

20 things I've learned being a mom of boys



I am a mother of three wonderful boys. Our oldest is 8 1/2, our middle child is 3, and our youngest is 1. 
There is something about being a mom of boys. Although I can't speak about being a mom of girls because I don't have any girls. Being a mom to boys is special. Daily they test my patience, and see how far they can push mom. Yet there is a moment, a special hug or smile, laugh, or memory made that makes it all worth it. 

Some day these little boys will be grown men, and be married and have kids of their own. I pray that they will be strong leaders, and that they will love God and serve him through out life. 

Being a mom of all boys has taught me a thing or two. This post first started out as 10 things which quickly grew to 20. I imagine there are more that I will think of in the future, or new lessons to learn that can be added later. So here it is, in no particular order. This is just how they popped in my head. 
  1. There will always be a mess somewhere. Even if you just spent the last 3 hours cleaning. They will run circles around you and leave messes everywhere they go. 
  2. Laundry will never be done.... EVER!
  3. Legos are the greatest toy ever invented. They teach creativity, colors, counting & numbers, and so much more. They can also keep your child busy for HOURS. 
  4. LEGOS HURT WHEN YOU STEP ON THEM BAREFOOT!!!!
  5. They will eat you out of house and home.
  6. They have SO MUCH energy! (Share please!)
  7. Hot wheels are the second greatest toy ever invented. (NOTE: These hurt when stepped on barefoot too!)
  8. Even after they've "picked up" their toys you STILL find Legos and hot wheels everywhere. In the couch, under the couch, in pockets, in the laundry basket, and sometimes they make it to the washer and dryer. OOPS!
  9. That I need to check ALL pockets before washing clothes. (See #8) I learned this the hard way after washing and drying crayons my middle child left in his pocket. ( NOTE: Mr. Clean magic eraser takes crayon out of your dryer)
  10. That even when I'm having the worst day hearing "I love you mommy" can turn it all around. 
  11. That I never truly knew how much love my heart could hold until my boys were born. My love grows stronger for them every day.
  12. They always get dirty. Boys love dirt.
  13. Boys will be boys!
  14. Mr. Clean magic eraser can take crayon off from just about anything.
  15. Boys love to take things apart to "see how it works". 
  16. When they can't get it back together, they take it to daddy for help.
  17. Patience is a virtue. He hit me, kicked me, bit me, looked at me, pinched me, poked me, breathed on me........ (It happens with boys too) I CAN do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength.
  18. Blankets NEVER stay on the bed because blanket forts are a MUST!
  19. That sometimes house work needs to wait, because kids grow up way too fast!
  20. That each of my boys are different, but special in their own way. My oldest loves to help others. He truly has a heart of gold. He has a tender heart and loves to make others smile. He loves to make little cards or notes just to say I love you, he loves to help with chores. My middle child has a wild spirit. He loves to climb, run, and be LOUD all the time. However he also has a softer side that needs cuddles and wants to tag alongside mom and "help" with whatever it is I'm doing. Finally our youngest is an adventurer. He is into EVERYTHING! He keeps me on my toes. 
Being a mother is the greatest gift God could have ever given me. It has taught me so many things, and this is just a list off the top of my head. What are some things you've learned being a mom? Please feel free to comment below. You don't have to be a mom of all boys to comment. I want to hear from every mom that reads this post. 
                                         God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment