Saturday, July 25, 2015

Things I hear all the time because I am a mom of 3 boys

If you can't say anything nice you shouldn't say anything at all! We've all heard it from our mothers. My mother pounded it into our heads over and over again. There are times when I really don't think people are trying to be rude, maybe they just don't know what to say or how to say it. So it comes across like this:
  • You've got your hands full don't ya? Yes I do, but if you think my hands are full you should see my heart.
  • Are you going to have anymore? I'm not sure. I would like another one down the road, maybe try for a girl. However I already have 3 boys, 2 of which are in diapers. Even with cloth diapering (sometimes) it still gets expensive. 
  • Well you know what causes that don't ya? Yes I do. I wasn't born yesterday.
  • Are they all yours? And do they have the same father?  Really? Yes they are all mine, and yes they all have the same father.
  • Were they planned? Yes. However even if we were to get pregnant by surprise we would be thrilled. 
  • You must have a ton of patience. Not really, but I'm working on it. My kids test it daily.
  • Don't you have birth control? I'm sorry that's none of your business. That is between me and my husband. 
  • What if you can't have a girl? Well I guess that is up to God. He knows what is best for me and my family. 
  • Are you trying for a team? No actually I am not. People seem to think that large families are a bad thing. If you want to and you can support them, why not? Besides, I don't think 3 kids are a lot.
  • What if you have another boy? Well, like I said earlier, that is up to God. 
What are some things that people have said to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment