Monday, August 17, 2015

Ways to save money



We all want to save money. Sad thing is some of us try but don't understand how to save. Some of us think we can't afford to save. I've heard the well my husband works and I stay home and on our budget we just can't afford to save money. Bologna!

For years I was the same way. I felt like there was never enough money, and how in the world was I going to get what we needed with our small budget? I learned over the years how to coupon. I have changed many times my strategy on how to coupon as I am learning new things all the time.

First and foremost couponing can save you money if you do it right. Don't buy something just because you have a coupon for it. Don't buy something you're not going to use unless you're donating it.  I say find a way that works for you and stick to it. Not everybody has the same method, and something that works for me might not work for you. However the idea is the same- Stock up when an item is on sale and you have a coupon to match. If you have a smart phone you can further your savings with apps like ibotta, checkout 51, and more.

Menu planning- Believe it or not menu planning can save you money. When you have a plan you are less likely to give into fast food, or make multiple trips to the grocery store to pick up items for a meal. Items that may or may not be on sale at the time.  There are many free printable menu planners online, you can find a ton of ideas on www.pinterest.com , you can write it in a notebook, or a daily planner, there are apps that help you menu plan, or even buy a dry erase board to post for your family to see what's for dinner. You can do weekly or a whole month at a time. I have done both and personally I find that weekly menu planning works best for my family.

What are some ways that you save money?

You might also like:
 Ways to make money from home
How to earn extra money for the holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment