Monday, October 26, 2015

My favorite things about Fall


First and foremost I do realize that the correct name for the season is Autumn. However it will always be fall to me, because the leaves fall off the trees. It just makes sense. Fall was my great grandmother's favorite season. One reason I like fall is because it reminds me of her. There is something so beautiful about the leaves changing colors. I love to see the many colors on the trees. 
(Picture taken at a rest area) 
I love taking walks in the fall. The sound of leaves crunching under your feet, the cool crisp air on your face. The fact that I can wear scarves, my Ugg boots, a sweater, or a hoodie. I love the fall smells. When the stores put out fall scented candles, my kids and I have to smell everyone of them. 
Each year I look forward to picking a pumpkin with each child, then carving them, and watching their faces light up when we light the pumpkins and turn out all of the lights. 
(This was our middle child's very first pumpkin)
 
Roasting marshmallows and making smores by the fire. 
Collecting leaves for craft projects with the kids.
Watching the kids look at each leaf and realize they are all different, yet all beautiful at the same time. (There's a life lesson to teach them. We are all different, yet we all are beautiful!)
Raking the leaves into a pile and jumping in.
(Fun in the leaves)
(Fall Sunset)
 
I look forward to pumpkin pies, and being with family and friends. Getting up early to start the turkey on Thanksgiving day, so there is enough time to do a ham as well. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade playing on T.V. and the kids getting excited over each balloon. Cooking and baking for two days, just to be able to sit down and enjoy a wonderful feast with loved ones. Then having left overs for a week. 
What are some of your favorite things about Fall?


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment