Photo by marin at freedigitalphotos.net
(This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you)
It's important to stay connected as a couple even when you're broke and can't afford to go out on a date. Here are some at home date ideas.
- Netflix or Redbox movie. (If you have retailmenot you can get codes for discounts when they are available.) Pop some popcorn and cuddle up on the couch, or spread a blanket out on the floor and watch a movie.
- Put the kids to bed and have a special adult only dinner. You could even cook it together.
- Bake a yummy dessert together.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Light some candles and give each other a massage.
- Flip through some old photo albums and have fun talking about "The good ole days".
- Put on some music and dance.
- Video game battle.
- Board game or card game you both enjoy.
- Work on a project together.
- Get to know your spouse all over again. Learn their love language or 50 Questions to ask your spouse on a date night. People change over the years. Learn what your spouse likes and dislikes. Somethings may have changed since you got married.
- Star gaze. You might remember my favorite date night from this post Date night on a budget.
- Invite another couple over for dinner and couples game night. If you need a budget friendly idea ask them to bring a side or dessert or even go half in half on the meal.