Having a family night helps you stay connected with your family. After a hectic week it can also help you unwind. When choosing a family night, sit down for a family meeting and discuss everyone's schedules. Pick a night that works for everyone. Try to have family night on the same night every week. However, if your schedules won't allow the same night every week that's okay too. Just make sure you write what night your family night is on the calendar in your command center.
Below are some Cheap or free family night ideas:
- Star gazing. Not only is this cool, but you can you this as a teaching moment. Spread out a blanket and find some constellations . If you have a Telescope that is a plus.
- Camping in the back yard. Put up a tent, drag out the sleeping bags and flashlights. If you have the supplies, you can build a fire and roast some s'mores.
- Family game night. Grab your favorite board games and let the competition begin.
- Bake cookies together. http://allrecipes.com/recipes/362/desserts/cookies/
- Read the bible together. Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 God doesn't just want a weekend relationship with you. He should be part of your daily life. This is a great time to answer any questions your kids may have. This is the kids bible we use with out little ones.
- Movie. Pop some popcorn and put on a funny family friendly movie. Here are some of our family favorites.... Inside out
Family night doesn't have to be this huge over planned, stressful thing to add to you To-Do list. Family night should be fun and relaxing. A time when you and your family can laugh and unwind together.
What do you do for family night?