(This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.)
As a mom it's not very often my husband and I get to go out on a date. After paying a babysitter to watch 3 very active boys, we can't really afford to go out to dinner and a movie. Over the years we've gotten creative and learned how to be frugal or content with at home date nights. Here are a few tips to date night on a budget......
- Have a friend watch your kids. Offer to watch their kids as a form of payment.
- Groupon- You can get all kinds of deals on Groupon.
- Coupons- Some restaurants have coupons or specials on certain nights.
- Picnic- Go to a park before it gets dark, have a picnic on a spread out blanket, watch the sunset together.
- Star gazing- The most romantic date I'll never forget is when my husband and I were still newlyweds, we were broke and driving around just to get out of the house. We lived in Texas at the time, near the desert. We drove about 15 miles or so outside of the city so we could get away from the city lights. My husband pulls the car over in the middle of nowhere desert, he literally parks in the sand. He grabs a blanket and lays it across the hood of the engine. He has me close my eyes and climb on top of the car, lay down on the blanket and lay back. When he told me to open my eyes I was shocked and literally had my breath taken away. STARS like I have never seen before. EVERYWHERE I looked were stars.
- If you go to a movie, go during matinee hours. It's so much cheaper.
- Watch a movie in the park for FREE. Some parks will play movies for free once a week. Check your local listings for dates and times.
Date night gift cards is the perfect way to show another couple how much you appreciate them.