( Photo by stockimages. Published on 28 April 2012)
(This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.)
There is a lot more truth to that saying than you think. We as mothers set the tone for our home. Sure everyone deals with stress, but we need to find healthy ways to deal with stress before it destroys our day or even our lives. Some healthy ways to deal with stress are.....
- Have a routine. Routines take the guess work out of the day and help make it smoother. You could use a Planner to write down your routines, schedules, etc. That way it's always there and you can refer to it as needed.
- Pray Pray Pray! Who can handle out stress and mess better than our creator himself? Here is a great book about prayer.
- Exercise. Exercise is a great way to relieve stress. You can even exercise with your family.
- Clean. My husband always knows when I'm stressed because the house is in tip top shape and you can usually find me scrubbing the floors or the tub and praying.
- Write. Write your feelings down in a journal and get it all out on paper. Writing is a great release. If you don't want someone to see it, rip it up, shred it and toss it in the trash afterward. Just get it out! Trust me you'll feel so much better.
- Talk to someone. A friend or your spouse is a great source to go to when you need to vent. I also vent to my mom quite a bit. Just make sure you let them know you need to vent before you start.
- Jam. Blast your favorite music and have a jam session right in your living room.
- Go for a walk. A change of scenery and some fresh air might do you some good.
- Try to schedule regular "me time" so you have a chance to unwind and relax. It might not be every night. Try to aim for at least 1-2 times a week.
How do you deal with stress?