Maybe there was a recent tragedy in your life that caused you to feel this way. You have have experienced a bad break-up or divorce. You might have been hurt or abused by someone you loved dearly or someone you didn't know at all. You may have lost your job. For what ever reason you feel like you can't go on PLEASE know that you have a Heavenly Father who loves you so much that he sent His Son Jesus to die for your sins, so that you might be forgiven.
John 3:16 English Standard Version (ESV)16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Photo by Stuart Miles at www.freedigitalphotos.net
- Cry out to God. He knows your pain. He can carry your burdens and take the weight off your shoulders. He can mend your broken heart if you'll trust in Him.
Matthew 11:28-30 English Standard Version (ESV)28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Image courtesy of graur razvan ionut at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Know that you are NOT alone!
Deuteronomy 31:6English Standard Version (ESV)6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
- Things in this life (including pain) are temporary.
- Call a friend and have a heart to heart. Friends are great to talk to, they listen, they pray with you and for you, and they can give great advice.
- If you're married, talk to your spouse. You should always communicate to your spouse your feelings.
- If you keep a journal or diary write down how you feel.
- Lastly if you think you might hurt yourself Please don't wait, get help NOW!! Have a friend or your spouse take you to the ER, or call the national suicide prevention at 1-800-273-8255.
God doesn't want us to feel hopeless. He sent Jesus to save us from our sins and give us hope. Have faith in Him and hold on to His promises.