Thursday, August 11, 2016

Things I wish my kids knew

I'm sure you have a list of things you constantly tell your kids. Turn off the lights when you leave a room. Be kind to others, always. Money doesn't grow on trees.... etc.
There are some things I feel like I am constantly telling my kids. Things that I wish would stick and I would have to constantly repeat them. These are the things I wish they knew.


  • Electric actually does cost money. If you can use natural light instead. Turn the lights off when you leave a room. Don't leave your tv or games running when you're not using them. 
  • Germs really are EVERYWHERE!!! Yes, you have to wash your hands before touching food. I don't care if they don't look dirty. Always Always Always wash your hands after using the bathroom, even if you didn't touch anything. (This must be a boy thing, I don't know?) Handwashing slows down the spread of germs and think about the person after you who has to touch the same doorknob you just left germs all over. 
  • Mom does NOT mean maid. I will do what my kids are incapable of doing for themselves. However, at a certain age, they need to learn to do it themselves. Even a 2-year-old can pick up toys. 
  • You don't know everything! (This is for my tween boy who has recently become a know it all and not in a good way.) 
  • Who cares about the latest fashion trend? BE YOURSELF!! If you like the fashion trend that is one thing, but don't let peer pressure or fear of not fitting in make the decision for you. 
  • How much I love them! (This one I don't mind repeating many times a day) I encourage you to tell your kids how much you love them. Parents no days don't say it enough. Tell them how you feel! 

Some other posts you might be interested in:
Mom's on a budget
When you feel like you can't go on
Cheap or free family fun
10 ways you can help someone who is sick
How I clean with kids

No comments:

Post a Comment